Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Goodbye New York New York

Because of the upcoming move, I have been trying to explore new things about the city I've called home for the past three and a half years and say my final goodbyes. First I ventured out to a brunch place I had been dying to try, Egg in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The food was delicious and the restaurant is so close to the Brooklyn Flea Market. After brunch, I took a stroll with friends to enjoy the beautiful weather and gaze out at the amazing view from the flea market out across the East River. After a fun day in Williamsburg, I finally got the opportunity to ride the East River Ferry from Williamsburg down to Dumbo, which not only had spectacular views of many of New York's bridges, but also downtown Manhattan. (I also bought some new white Converse for all the walking and I have been LOVING them).



In addition to exploring I have been doing in the city, we have also branched and begun to explore the area outside the city. We bought a car (something that is unheard of to most New Yorkers) and have been exploring what the area outside of the city has to offer. We drove up to Woodstock, NY and got to explore this amazingly artsy town and all of the nature it had to offer. I can't believe all I missed while I was living here!




No comments:

Post a Comment