Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Guilt-free Chocolate Muffins

Tonight I found myself in the mood for something chocolaty. So, with just a few ingredients from my fridge and pantry, I started up my food processor, warmed my oven and the result was quite delicious.




Recipe:

4 eggs
1 C almond meal
1/2 C + 2 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 C coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C unsweetened, all natural apple sauce
1/2 C maple syrup

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda,  and cinnamon until smooth. Then, add in the vanilla extract, eggs, apple sauce and maple syrup until everything is well combined. Pour into the muffin tin and then bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!

This little baking adventure really boosted my night and I hope it boosts yours too! I would have taken more pictures...but to be honest, they've all been eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment