Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Biscuits


As a child from the south, I love biscuits. I remember as a kid, loving the smell buttermilk biscuits, as my mom baked them. After I stopped eating flour, I found making dough extremely difficult because the flour substitutes I used either made the dough too dry and the dough would break apart, or the dough would be too wet and never come together. Below is a success story that I was happy to have mastered just in time to enjoy on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Good crust on the outside and moist, crumbly biscuit inside.


Recipe:

2 C almond meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 C all natural butter (at room temperature)
pinch of sea salt
2 eggs

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor pulse the almond meal, baking soda and sea salt until evenly blended. Add in the 1/4 C of all natural butter cut into small pieces and the eggs. Pulse the mixture slowly until the dough comes together. Roll out the dough and cut out biscuits. When you are handling the dough you need to work quickly because you don't want the butter to melt. Pop onto a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. In no time, your kitchen will begin to smell like a holiday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment