Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Make way for Spring

Since Springtime has arrived, I found myself looking for ways to use up the jams I no longer needed, now that I could get fresh fruit at the markets. I decided to swirl some delicious, leftover Mulberry jam into a simple cake recipe.


Mulberry Cake:

2 C almond meal
4 eggs
1/4 C coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 C unsweetened, all-natural apple sauce
1/2 C maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 ounces of your favorite jam (I used a jar of Mulberry jam)

In a food processor, pulse the almond meal, coconut sugar, and baking soda. Once the dry ingredients are well combined, pulse in the eggs, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract. After these are well combined, pour the batter into a greased tart dish. Take a spoon and swirl the jam into the batter until you get the desired look. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (until a toothpick comes out smooth) - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment