Thursday, February 9, 2012

The joy of baking

A few years ago I found out that I had an auto immune disease, which was causing me all sorts of stomach woes. After years of trial and error I have found a way of eating that has really helped me keep up my energy, keep away my stomach woes and most importantly has helped me find one of my greatest loves, all natural baking.

One of my favorite recipes that I have developed is for jelly donut cupcakes. I hope you all give these a try and make someone else's tummy as happy as they have made mine.



Recipes:


Cupcake batter ingredients:

6 eggs
1 cup of applesauce
4 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 cup of honey
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup of coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Jam:

2 containers fresh raspberries (buy some extras to decorate the tops with)
2 tbsp maple syrup

Cook for 30 minutes until it starts to thicken - then refrigerate (it will continue to thicken when its in the fridge...usually takes another 30 minutes)



Preheat oven to 350F. Mix eggs, applesauce, grapeseed oil, honey, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift the coconut flour and baking soda. Once the egg, applesauce, oil honey and vanilla mixture is smooth, leave the mixer going and slowly add in the sifted coconut flour and baking soda. Once everything is mixed smoothly. Grease a cupcake tin and using a tablespoon, spoon one table spoon of batter, then two teaspoons of jam, then cover with once tablespoon of batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for about 20 minutes and then use the additional jam to ice the tops of the cupcakes and stick a raspberry on top and enjoy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment