Sunday, February 12, 2012

Not so oatmeal raisin cookies

One of my go to (and favorite) recipes is my version of oatmeal raisin cookies. Since I can't really eat oatmeal (because of the fact they are made from oats and they're quite processed) and I'm not really a fan of raisins, I came up with these cranberry nut cookies that imitate the warm cookie feeling that oatmeal raisin cookies give you, without all the processed oats and overly sweet raisins.



Recipe:

Ingredients
1 1/2 C raw almonds
1/2 C walnuts
1 C pitted dates
1 C shredded coconut
2 eggs
1 C apple juice infused cranberries
zest of 1 orange
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor blend: almonds, walnuts, dates, coconut, orange zest, and cinnamon. Empty the blended ingredients into a bowl and mix in the cranberries in and then mix in the 2 eggs with your hands -- make sure the eggs are well incorporated. Roll out 12 cookies and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!

After making these cookies today, I had a left over orange (because I only used the zest in the cookies), so I decided to make a little something sweet for my valentine. I made these little chocolate orange cakes so that nothing went to waste.


Recipe:

Ingredients:
2 C Almond Flour
1/2 C maple syrup
Juice of 1 orange
1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
3 eggs
pinch of salt
1/2 C almond milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor blend together all ingredients. Grease two ramekins and fill with batter. Bake for 40-45 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment